What is Skittle Vodka?
Flavored vodkas are a very popular trend and it seems only natural that candy combined with vodka would create a delicious concoction. Skittle infused vodka is a homemade vodka that consists of only vodka and Skittles.
It is a sweet alcoholic treat with a bite and is very easy to make. Skittle vodka is a perfect summer drink and it definitely is a crowd pleaser. So if you're looking for a new way to taste the rainbow, try making skittle vodka.
How to make Skittle Vodka:
- Separate the Skittles according to flavor
- You can also mix flavors of Skittles, but leave out the lime and grape ones (they ruin the taste of the final product).
- Put the Skittles into a bottle (it's easier to put the skittles in the bottle first so that you don't have to pour excess vodka out)
- Pour the vodka in
- Seal the bottle
- Wait for the skittles to dissolve
- It usually takes 1 or 2 days, and you can shake the bottle to speed up the process
- After the Skittles have disolved there will be a white residue on top, strain the fluid to get rid of the white residue.
- I've found the best way to do this is to filter it through a tea towel
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Your Skittle Vodka can be served on its own, but it also tastes great with mixers such as:
- Coke or Pepsi
- Try freezing your Skittle Vodka in an ice cube tray to make ice cubes!